Sort metal in the property’s bin for metal or at a Rinki eco-point.
Materials must be empty, clean and dry.
- non-refundable drinks cans
- metal lids, caps and covers
- aluminium foil containers, foil and lids
- paint pots
- unpressurised aerosol cans
Small metal household items
- pots and frying pans
- cutlery, scissors and hand-held tools
- other small metal items (nails, screws, fittings)
- aluminium cups for tealights
- plastics, such as plastic bags and wrapping material, polystyrene foam and bubble wrap
- containers and items that are larger than the opening of the bin
Refundable drinks cans may be returned to shop collection points.
Deliver bulky waste metal to a waste reception station or a Roinaralli collection point.
What happens to metal after sorting?
Waste from steel and aluminium packaging is utilised as a raw material by the Finnish and international metal industries. Recycled metal is used to manufacture new metal packaging and other metal products, such as bicycle frames, spades and car parts. Since the quality of metal does not deteriorate when it is recycled, it can be reused numerous times.