Waste management for residential properties
Under the Waste Act (646/2011), all properties used for residential or leisure activities must join a municipal waste management system. In practice, this means joining a waste collection service. Properties must comply with the waste management regulations issued by the Päijät-Häme Waste Board (local waste management authority), which complement legislation on waste management.
The 9 municipalities of the region are governed by uniform waste management regulations. These cover the sorting and collection of waste, the intervals between waste collections, and other similar matters.
While property owners are primarily responsible for organising waste collection, some of the municipalities in the region arrange waste transport. Regardless of who is responsible for waste management, the same rules apply to the collection of household waste.
- Waste management operations in Salpakierto´s operating area
- Joining a waste management system
- Sorting of waste
- Collection intervals for bins
- Terminating waste collection services for a fixed term
- Waste bins at the property
- Shared containers
- Waste management fees
- Waste collection companies
- Treatment of slurry generated by residential activities